Mechanical Engineering Technology
National code: 6531EX026
Field of study: Mechanical Engineering
Study forms and duration: Full-time studies - 3 years, Part-time studies - 4 years
Aim of the study programme:
The aim of the study programme Mechanical Engineering Technology is to train specialists in mechanical engineering by providing them with the knowledge, abilities and skills necessary to design professionally, to solve professional problems, and to apply the latest technologies in mechanical engineering.
Study programme outcomes:
- The student will be familiar with the general physical processes and phenomena of the natural sciences, which are used to explain the natural and technological environment, as well as with the mathematical regularities and laws necessary to understand the fundamental foundations of the field of study of mechanical engineering.
- They will be familiar with the key concepts and understand their content in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Acquire basic knowledge of the field of mechanical engineering relevant to practice.
- Know the context of problems and solutions in adjacent fields of study.
- The student will be able to apply his/her subject knowledge and understanding to solve problems in the field of mechanical engineering through the creative application of known methods.
- The student will be able to apply his/her knowledge and understanding to the analysis of engineering problems and to select appropriate methods, experimental, laboratory and production equipment to solve them.
- The student will be able to apply analytical and modelling methods to solve engineering problems in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Be able to apply engineering knowledge and understanding in the field of mechanical engineering to the formulation and execution of design tasks according to defined requirements.
- Be able to find relevant professional information using information technology, databases, software and other scientific and engineering information sources.
- Be able to carry out the necessary tests to solve engineering problems, to process the results of these tests and to draw practical conclusions from these results.
- They will be able to work with technological equipment used in the field of mechanical engineering.
- The ability to select engineering solutions and the tools and equipment needed to implement these solutions.
- Be able to combine theoretical and applied knowledge to solve engineering problems.
- Understand the ethical, economic and commercial considerations of engineering activities.
- Understand the principles of the organisation of engineering activities and the basic labour and environmental requirements.
- Understand design methodologies and be able to apply them.
- Be able to solve engineering problems individually and in teams.
- Be able to communicate with the engineering community and the general public.
- Understand the impact of engineering decisions on society and the environment, observe professional ethics and standards of engineering practice, and understand responsibility for the results of engineering activities.
- At the level of engineering performance, have an understanding of the key aspects of project delivery and management.
- Understand and prepare for individual professional development and lifelong learning.
A student will work on:
- Mechanical engineering specialist in manufacturing and repair companies or companies in various other industries;
- as a hired manager or as a manager in your own business.