Railway Transport Engineering
National code: 6531EX021
Field of study: Transport Engineering
Study forms and duration: Part-time studies - 4 years
Study programme objective
The aim of the study programme Railway Transport Engineering is to train highly qualified transport engineering specialists who are competitive in the labour market, able to work independently and apply the latest technological knowledge in the field of transport engineering, who are able to make technical decisions independently, to work successfully in competitive market conditions and to develop in their professional activities.
Study programme results:
- They will be familiar with the general physical and chemical processes and phenomena of the natural sciences, which are used to explain the natural and technological environment, as well as with the mathematical regularities and laws necessary to understand the fundamental foundations of the field of study of transport engineering.
- They will be familiar with the key concepts and understand their content in the field of transport engineering.
- They will have a basic knowledge of transport engineering in relation to vehicle structures, principles of operation and performance, structural and performance materials relevant to practical work.
- Know the context of problems and solutions in adjacent fields of study.
- Be able to apply their subject knowledge and understanding to solve problems in the field of transport engineering by creative application of known methods.
- The student will be able to apply his/her knowledge and understanding to the analysis of engineering problems and to select appropriate methods, experimental, laboratory and production equipment to solve them.
- The student will be able to apply analytical and modelling methods to solve qualitative and quantitative engineering problems in the field of transport engineering.
- The student will be able to apply engineering knowledge and understanding to the execution, organisation and control of technological processes of internal combustion engines, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and transport machinery in accordance with defined requirements.
- Be able to find relevant professional information using information technology, databases, software and other scientific and engineering information sources.
- Be able to carry out the necessary tests, practical and laboratory work to solve transport engineering problems, to process the results and to draw practical conclusions from these results.
- They will be skilled in the use of technological equipment used in the field of transport engineering.
- Be able to select the engineering solutions and tools and technological equipment necessary to design, organise, carry out and control the technological process of diagnosis and maintenance of vehicle engines, control systems, control and regulation devices.
- Be able to combine theoretical and applied knowledge to solve engineering problems in the safe operation of vehicles.
- Understand the ethical, environmental, economic and commercial considerations of engineering activities.
- Understand the principles of the organisation of engineering activities and the basic requirements of work and fire safety.
- Understand design methodologies and be able to apply them to the design of technological processes.
- Be able to solve engineering problems individually and in a multi-profile group (team).
- Be able to communicate with the engineering community and the general public in correct Lithuanian and at least one foreign language.
- Understand the impact of engineering decisions on society and the environment, observe professional ethics and norms of engineering practice, and understand responsibility for the results of engineering activities.
- At the level of engineering performance, the student will have an understanding of the key aspects of project execution and management, as demonstrated through organisational skills, the ability to plan and implement productive and efficient working methods.
- Understand and prepare for individual professional development and lifelong learning.
Will work on:
- Steward at AB Lietuvos geležinkeliai;
- project specialist, draftsman in the execution and management of projects in the railway sector;
- Rolling stock specialist in companies operating and maintaining traction rolling stock;
- specialist in the operation, maintenance and repair of railway traffic control systems equipment.