Electrical and Automation engineering
National code: 6531EX023
Field of study: Electrical Engineering
Study forms and duration: Full-time studies - 3 years, Part-time studies - 4 years
Aim of the study programme:
The aim of the study programme Electrical and Automation Engineering is to train highly qualified electrical and automation engineering specialists who are competitive for the labour market of the Republic of Lithuania and the European Union, and who are able to work independently, to solve professional problems and to apply the latest technological knowledge in electrical engineering.
Study programme results:
- They will be familiar with the general laws of natural sciences and mathematics and with the laws necessary to understand the fundamental foundations of the electronic and electrical engineering field of study.
- They will be familiar with the key concepts and understand the content of the electronics and electrical engineering field of study.
- Have a basic knowledge of electronics and electrical engineering relevant to practice.
- Know the context of problems and solutions in related fields of study.
- Be able to apply knowledge and understanding to problems in the field of electronics and electrical engineering in a creative way using known methods.
- Apply knowledge and understanding to the analysis of engineering problems and select appropriate methods, experimental and production equipment to solve them.
- The student will be able to apply analytical and modelling methods to solve engineering problems in the field of electronics and electrical engineering.
- Be able to find relevant professional information using databases and other sources of scientific and engineering information.
- To be able to carry out experiments necessary for solving engineering problems, to process their results and to draw practical conclusions from these results.
- Have the skills to work with the equipment used in the field of electronic and electrical engineering.
- Be able to select engineering solutions and the tools and equipment needed to implement these solutions.
- Be able to combine theoretical and applied knowledge to solve engineering problems.
- Understand the ethical, environmental and commercial considerations of engineering activities.
- Understand the principles of the organisation of engineering activities and the basic requirements of work and fire safety.
- Be able to apply engineering knowledge and understanding in the formulation and execution of design tasks according to defined requirements.
- Understand and apply design methodologies.
- Be able to solve engineering problems independently and in a team.
- Be able to interact with the engineering community and the general public.
- Understand the impact of engineering decisions on society and the environment, observe professional ethics and standards of engineering practice, and understand responsibility for the results of engineering activities.
- At the level of engineering performance, have an understanding of the key aspects of project delivery and management.
- Understand the importance of and prepare for individual lifelong learning.
A student will work on:
- Electrical and Automation engineering specialist in companies with an electrical engineering profile;
- as a manager in the operation of an individual company department;
- a manager in his/her own business.