The Faculty of Engineering is a training institution that produces highly qualified specialists in a wide range of technical fields, able to work creatively in a changing market environment. You can study full-time or part-time. Studies are oriented towards specific practical activities and develop the ability to work independently in accordance with the acquired qualification.
The Faculty has four departments (Department of Automotive Transport Engineering, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Railway Transport Engineering), which train specialists in their respective fields.
The Faculty of Engineering was established on 1 September 2008. The Faculty of Engineering was established on 1 January 2007 by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania by merging the Vilnius Technical College with the Vilnius College of Construction and Design and establishing the Vilnius College of Technology and Design.
The origins of the Faculty of Technology date back to 1922, when the Technical School opened its doors next to the Žygimantas Augustas Gymnasium on the initiative of the Vilnius Technical Society.On 20 June 1926, the foundation stone of the current Faculty was laid. In the same year, the school graduated its first batch of mechanics and waterway technicians. In 1927, the Departments of Land Reclamation and Land Management were established, followed by the Electrical Engineering Department in 1930.
In 1939, when Lithuania regained the Vilnius region, the Technical School became a state technical school, in 1947 - a polytechnic, and from 1951 to 1960 - a Technical School of Agricultural Mechanisation, which trained agricultural mechanics.In 1952 a part-time department was established, and in 1961 - an evening department. In 1966, a student dormitory was built.
In 1989, the 20 000th technician diploma was awarded.
In 1991, the polytechnic was reorganised into the Vilnius Higher Technical School by a decision of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Since 1996, the school has participated in the PRAHE and, since 1998, in the Leonardo da Vinci programmes - the curricula, teaching methods and technical and laboratory equipment have been updated.
On 30 August 2002, the Higher Technical School was reorganised into Vilnius Technical College. Since 2002, studies have been carried out according to the non-university study programmes approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania. The College has earned due respect in Lithuania and abroad.
1 September 2008 On 1 September 2008, the Government of the Republic of Lithuania decided to merge the College with the Vilnius College of Construction and Design, and to establish a new College of Technology and Design in Lithuania and its subdivision, the Faculty of Technology.